Good Morning! How was everyone’s weekend? Ours was filled with dust storms on top of dust storms. As miserable as they can make anyones day, I’m the first to tell myself that you decide how your day turns out. Sure things can prevent it from being a perfect day, but no matter how hard you try, no day can be perfect. That’s just how life goes sometimes.
Anyhow! Today I’ll be celebrating Marvelous In My Monday in a way that I don’t usually. I want to make you aware of the benefits that come when drinking Lemon Water. What makes this marvelous? Simple, something so cheap & easy to make (if you can even call it “making”), has a crazy amount of nutritional advantages to our everyday lives.
- Reliefs Digestion. Drinking lemon juice helps to flush out unwanted materials from the body. Lemon Juice is similar in atomic structure to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. It’s also proved to help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
- It balances pH levels. Our pH level speaks to the balance between the alkaline and acidic properties in the body. When our body enters an acidic state, it raises sickness and sometimes diseases. Because lemon is one of the most alkaline foods, it aids in helping your whole body repair & fight bacteria and toxins before it turns into an illness.
- Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. So, if you are constantly attempting to curb your appetite with drinks such as coffee or tea, try lemon water instead.
- Dental Care. When fresh lemon juice is placed on the tooth area, it can help get rid of pain, or even stop your gums from bleeding.
- Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps eliminate wrinkles and blemishes. Vitamin C is vital for healthy radiant skin while its alkaline nature kills some type of bacteria known to cause acne. Some people may not know, if you were to squeeze lemon juice on burnt areas, it can help with fading the scar.
Those are my top five – Keep in mind that there are many other benefits as well!
Now tell me, do you drink lemon water on a daily basis?
“… Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present” – Babatunde Olantunji