Hi Guys! After Friday’s Top 5 Herbs post explaining their benefits and recipes for those spring and summer days where nothing sounds more perfect than a refreshing beverage, I figured it’d only be right to share my Top 6 Summer Workout Tips.
- Invest in lightweight and breathable clothes. Also, think about wearing a hat to keep the scorching sun away from your face.
- Match your workouts to the temperatures. If you’re a runner, get your miles done in the early hours. If not, try other cardio activities such as: biking, kayaking, surfing, padding, or even swimming
- Replenish your electrolyte and salt consumption while exercising
- Drink water to stay hydrated all day long. Some people may think you can get by with a couple glasses; however that’s not always the case. The more water you drink, the better of chance you’ll have of preventing symptoms such as dizziness, stomach cramps & headaches.
- Moderate your heart rate
- ..and MOST importantly, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! Never push yourself in extreme temperatures. If you notice any heat-illness symptoms or just feel bad in general, stop your workout & get into AC.
“Our bodies communicate to us clearly and specifically, if we are willing to listen to them!!”
As I’m sure there are many other tips I forgot to mention, I’d love to hear ones you’ve come up with over the years!
- Is it summertime where you live yet? Considering it’s been 110 degrees here, I’d say YES!
- What is one summer activity you’ve always wanted to try, but never have? I’ve been wanting to try Stand Up Paddling for quite sometime. One day, One day!