I have no idea what’s gotten into me these past few days, but man am I on a roll with recipes! To be honest, I’m not even sure who I am, Ha Ha! Whatever the reasoning behind my kitchen addiction lately, I’m all in!
The recipe I’m about to share is unlike any other! I’ve made countless different veggie burgers, and unfortunately NONE hold. I’m not sure if it’s me, or what, but I’m just not a fan when that happens. I mean who likes eating a burger that falls apart on them at the first bite? Mise well just eat meatloaf!
Alright, enough rambling… here’s the recipe…
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4-1 cup vegetable broth
- 8 baby carrots, shredded
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup parmesan breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites, or 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, and cover until liquid is absorbed (10-12 minutes).
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to food process along with carrots, onions, bread crumbs, egg, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Pulse until combined to the consistency you want (I like mine to be a little chunky).
- Form into 4 large patties, or 8 sliders
- In a nonstick skillet, spray with nonstick cooking spray; cook burgers until browned on both sides
and we all knew when you eat a burger, you gotta have some sweet potato fries….
So that’s exactly what I had, except mine were in chip like form. I topped them with one packet of powdered stevia & some maple syrup!
& now it’s time to wake Joshua up for breakfast, and let the dog(s) out. We’re dog sitting for the next 2 weeks, so with Roxy & the puppy.. things are about to get crazy over here, Ha Ha! Have a great start to the weekend.
..”At a certain point, you’ll know when, you’ve reached a time for change. No going back… you’ve come to far. Don’t look down at all things that could go wrong if you fall. You can deal with them when and if they ever even happen. It’s your time to use those wings of yours and fly” ❤