Good Morning and Happy Friday! How excited are you that the weekend is finally here?! I’m not too sure what Joshua and I will be doing today. Most likely today will include our weekly grocery store trip, walks with Roxy and just relaxing and catching up on each others lives. With Joshua working such long hours throughout the week, some nights he literally comes home from work, we eat/shower, watch a little television and then go to bed. So for us, it’s nice to just have our alone time on Friday’s.
Anyways, I’m sure when many of you saw “Fitness Friday” as today’s blog post you may have been surprised. Maybe thinking.. “What in the world does she have to share. She’s not really doing any workouts”. Well yes, that is true, but I thought I’d put a little twist on what so many bloggers say “fitness friday” is all about.
I am always seeing new workouts, or even workout recaps from the week, but never do I see posts that talk about the type and brand of equipment they use. So for today’s post, I thought it’d be fun to share a couple of workout examples and the types of equipment I would use during my gym session that day (and even better, all I would need if I wanted a home gym).
What I use:
- Dumbbells : Dumbbells are perfect when performing almost any arm moves that doesn’t involve a machine; bicep curls, hammer curls, shoulder press, chest press, flyes, etc..
- Flat Bench : I’ve noticed that flat benches range anywhere between $75.00-$300.00. The cost will depend on what type of flat bench you’re looking for. For me, I need nothing fancy. Just a piece of equipment that will get the job done.(the link is directed to the type of flat bench I use).
What I Use:
- Medicine Ball : I use different weight amounts during different moves. Take russian twists for an example, I’ll use a lighter weight compared to what I use during walking lunges or squats. Medicine Balls are also awesome when trying to increase the difficulty of moves such as; planks and push ups.
What I use:
- Treadmill : I will always recommend the brand Life Fitness for anyone who is searching for a high quality treadmill. You know when you are completely attached to a treadmill? Like you have that specific one you always jump on at the gym? Yep, that was me before moving here. I always had to use the 3rd one in from the left at our gym. Well when I moved to Kuwait, I was so unsure whether or not Life Fitness Treadmills would even exist since they are a US based brand. But to my surprise, they DO exist here in Kuwait, and they are just as amazing. **I attached the URL link above to show y’all the one I use (Life Fitness CST Club Series) on my daily walks. It features: Polar Wireless and Lifepulse digital contact heart rate monitoring system, GoSystem Quick Start feature remembers your preferred walk, or run speeds, Users can create 6 personality workouts, built-in reading rack & phone/water bottle holder, and of course shows the distance you’ve gone and calories burned.** Okay, and before I continue to go on and on about treadmills, I will stop myself! Ha Ha.
So there you have it — the type of equipment I would use during my workouts. I really hope you enjoyed a different view from the ordinary “Fitness Friday” posts you read 🙂
& now I want to buy everything I mentioned above and create my own home gym. I’m not quite sure Joshua or the wallet would be on board. Hey a girl can dream though right? But if you are one who’s looking for some high quality and sustainable equipment, (or maybe to surprise me with :)) check out Gym Company for some good deals.
- What’s your favorite type of gym equipment?
- Do you prefer a specific brand of treadmill?