Good Morning & Happy Monday!!! How was your Easter? Did you do anything fun? Whatcha have to eat? (Ah, so many questions, Ha Ha). Mine was okay. I think I’ve mentioned before, but Joshua doesn’t get off for American holidays. So I spent Easter Sunday relaxing, and playing with Roxy. I did throw a ham in the oven around 2:30 so it’d be done for dinner. Oh, and I almost forgot… I came up with a simple smoothie recipe: 1 scoop strawberries & cream protein powder, 1 cup chocolate coconut water, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and 2 tbsp. cocoa powder. Delicious! **If you don’t have strawberries & cream protein powder, I’m sure 1/2 cup frozen strawberries would work great too**
Alright, moving on. For today’s post I thought I’d join in on Meghan, who may just be the coolest and funniest person I’ve ever met (okay we’ve never met, but I can pretend we have right?!), Week In Review link-up.
Here’s a list (in bulletins… because who doesn’t love bulletins?) of what I accomplished and did throughout the week of 3/25-3/31
- Shared my Tropical Sensation Smoothie with all of you.
- Attempted to make overnight cookie dough oats, but failed miserably. As much as I hate throwing away food, I had too.. .if not, I may of vomited (sorry if I just gave you a bad mental image)
- Had another kitchen fail at dinner. I attempted to make this salmon & quinoa panini, but it flat out stunk. I’ve come to the realization that I will never ever EVER like balsamic vingerette
- Was still experiencing some crappy jetlag, and got a whopping 3 hours of sleep
- Made egg muffins for a quick snack during the week
- Had a doctors appointment, and am now on Clomid
- Took my first exam for school, and passed! Woo hoo
- Not too much went on besides my usual walk with Roxy & a walk to the nearest ATM to pull out money for rent. Exciting huh?
- Whoops! Almost forgot, we attended a surprise birthday dinner for one of our friends out here =)
Thursday & Friday:
- Had my first Health History Consultation @ 4AM with a wonderful lady from Florida
- Ended Thankful Thursday =(
- Made a homemade pizza, and when I went to check on it realized our oven was out of gas
- With that being said, talked to the Egyptian outfront and was able to get a new tank that evening… **Pizza came out great btw**
- Joshua and I played yahtzee, and I lost… yup I’m thinking he was cheating while I wasn’t looking. I mean two weeks in a row, not cool!
- Joshua and I went to the grocery store, and found some awesome deals that I can’t believe I didn’t take better advantage of.. WTF Jessie! Y’all know how cheese is usually $9.00 a bag, well it was only SEVENTY 70 cents, along with hummus.. and what did I do, I only bought 3 bags (different flavors), and only 2 things of hummus.
- Went to a new-to-us park and walked around, and just talked about life. It was perfect
- Watched the new episode of Scandal. Did you see it? If not, you missed a good one
Saturday & Sunday:
- Joshua worked, so I cleaned the house (oh I noticed I didn’t mention any cleaning throughout the week, don’t worry I’m not a slob. I did clean, just didn’t write about it)
- Received my vitacost order of 12 almond milks (can never have enough), CLICK protein powder & 4 packs of Artisana Cacao Bliss (Raw Chocolate Coconut Butter)
- Had a wonderful hour long phone conversation with my beautiful mother.
- Cooked a ham for dinner
&& yup, theres my first Week In Review. I’m thinking next week I’ll keep it to a single day, because well this was one long post, Ha Ha!