minutes is how long it may take you to read this recap (if you care too that is) of my trip back to the states :). Since I’m such a horrible blogger when it comes to taking photos of pretty much anything, I have very few to share. What can I say, I’d rather live in the moment then think about pictures (hate me, stab me, or shoot me… whatever floats your boat). Anyways, let’s move on shall we (beware, this post will mostly be in bulletins).
Wednesday (Kuwait time)
- Woke up at my normal time of 4 AM; Joshua had to leave for work, so we said our goodbyes 😦
- Got all of my meals prepared for my flight home (who wants to spend $$$ on overpriced airport food?? not me!)
- Flight left around 8:45, had a 8 hour flight to London, 1 1/2 hour layover, and a 9 hr flight home (oh and sat next to the same man the whole trip who wouldn’t let me get in a minute of sleep. Talk about a chatterbox, gr!!) Got into the states around 11:00 pm U.S. time
- Mom & brother greeted me @ the airport with a sweet welcome home sign. Drove 2 hours home. My parents, brother & I all sat around the kitchen and talked for a couple of hours
- Mom & I went grocery shopping @ Wegman’s around 4AM in the morning. Yup, were crazy, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I mean really, what’s a better idea when neither one of you can sleep?? Plus, it’s extra bonding time
- Came home, and made ourselves smoothies (I’ve got her hooked :))
- A little later in the morning, my whole family and I headed out for the day. Ran errands, got pedicures (yup, my dad got one too, he loves them), had an amazing lunch at a new-to-me restaurant, and headed home. Relaxed for a little bit, and well… I can’t remember what else happened.
- Ended up passing out around 7:30
Since I wasn’t going to be home for my daddy’s birthday this week, I decided to celebrate it a few days early.
- In the morning, Justin & I headed to the store to get a few items we needed for our dad’s birthday card.
- My dad is a huge outdoors type of man. You know, hunting & fishing. Well, I can’t say I’m anything like that. Okay I lied, I love fishing, but hunting.. nope not my thing. I mean for real, what’s the fun in sitting around, not to mention freezing your butt off in hopes that an animal strolls by? Talk about BORING! However, I have wanted to visit a shooting range (inside of course) for quite sometime, and that’s exactly what he did. The verdict… I’m hooked! We had such an awesome time, and boy was he surprised.
… I never said I was good. It’s all about having fun right??
- After shooting, we went to a restaurant called Cheddars for lunch. I can’t even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to just relax, and catch up with one another.
- Once we got home, I went and visited a family friend for a little bit until my mom & I headed to Walmart to pick up ingredients we needed for dinner. We ended up making Sarah’s Dijon Pear Meatloaf Bites.They turned out delicious!
- Played pool & relaxed
- Later on while my brother was out with some of our old high school friends, my family & I went back to Wegman’s so I could pick up food (a months worth of Greek yogurt to be exact, and other goodies) to bring back with me to Kuwait. After a good hour & half, we stopped at Sweet Frog for some frozen yogurt. Um… AMAZING! I still can’t believe I only made one frozen yogurt run… but thankfully my selection more than made up for it. I had salted caramel and toasted marshmallow with pie crust crumbs, and chocolate covered coffee beans.
- Woke up around 3:45 in the morning, and did a bit of studying until my mom woke up
- Spent some time together; went to the gym and walked for a good 20 minutes
- Came home, mom & I had smoothies for breakfast, and I also made my dad a stack of my maple-cinnamon pancakes
- Justin & I left around 9:00 and headed to D.C
- Met up with Caitlin (who is the sweetest and funniest girl, ever) and her boyfriend, Joe, around 1:00 for lunch @ The Hamilton & ended up spending the rest of the evening w/ them (was supposed to meet a couple other lovely ladies, but unfortunately things didn’t work out :()
- Left D.C. around 7:30, got back to our house around 9:30
- Went and visited Joshua’s Grandma, Aunt, Mom, Step-Dad, and Brother for a few hours
- Afterwards, headed to Joshua’s Dad and Step-Moms house to spend a couple hours with them as well
- Ate dinner & then met up with my family at a bar for a few St. Patty’s day drinks
- Came home, and passed out around 8:00 (My sleep was all messed up throughout this trip)
- Gym in the AM for a short 20 minute walk
- Went to get our taxes done… well attempted too. Because of Joshua’s job, things got complicated and needless to say, we will be filing for an extension until we can figure out the whole tax situation
- Went to my Mother-Inlaws house, and then we met up with my Sister-Inlaw for lunch and a little shopping afterwards
- Didn’t do too much later in the day, besides play a few games of pool with my family. I was thinking about going out that evening, but unfortunately the weather had other plans. Lots of ice & snow.. yuck
- Packed my bags
- Head to the mall, gander mt & el rodeo for lunch with my family
- Came back home, and prepped my meals for the airplane ride
- Said my goodbyes to Justin & my family and I headed to the airport
After a ridiculously long day of traveling (over 24 hours), I finally made it home (after my cab broke my down…) and walked into a clean home, and sweet notes/cards & non-expensive, yet perfect & simple gifts from Joshua (gum, a stuffed camel, single rose, and a water so I didn’t let myself become hydrated)
So there you have it, my trip to the states. Some of you may be thinking and wondering why I didn’t spend time with friends, and just family. Well the answer is easy, I didn’t have much time in the states & my family means way more to me than anyone else. I’m not sure when I’ll be back in the states. It could be a year from now, or yearS. We just don’t know. I do know one thing though, I’m already missing
sipping downing coconut rum & pineapple 😦
… and now that it’s 2:40 in the morning, I’m going to attempt to sleep. Dang jet lag has me all messed up! Goodnight & have a fabulous day weekend!