Good Morning & Happy Marvelous In My Monday
How has your weekend been so far (assuming most of you are still off for the holiday). Joshua and I had a wonderful weekend. When he got home from work on Saturday, I cooked up a BLT for him, and a veggie wrap for myself. After dinner we busted out yahtzee & watched a Madea movie… well we attempted too. I’m pretty sure we were both passed out around 9:15, ha!
Sunday came quick, thanks to obnoxious neighbors above us who wanted to pound on the ceiling around 1:30 in the morning. So you know, I did what any
normal crazy person would do… sweep the floors, do the dishes, laundry, bake gluten-free coconut flour bread (Thank you Madison, it rocked!), and even cleaned the bathroom/kitchen/living room. For some reason I’m always the most productive when I first wake up… usually not at 1:30 in the morning though.
The rest of the day consisted of:
- Breakfast: made a smoothie for myself, and eggs with bacon & toast for Joshua
- Took Roxy for a walk
- Walked to a nearby park around lunch time & had a picnic
- Went for a walk together
- Watched The Impossible (I cried)
- Starting reading chapter three of “The Meaning of Marriage”
- Lots of lounging and cuddling as the day went on
… okay, and now that we got the weekend covered, it’s time to show you some GREAT new finds & foods I tried this weekend.
I’m not sure if these exist in the states, but if so… GET SOME! I’ve never been a fan of packaged oatmeal… until these amazing things came along.
- Reeses Peanut Butter Hearts. I cannot even tell you how happy (I may have jumped up and down for a second), when I came across these @ our grocery store. They may of cost me a leg & arm (since they are considered “international food” here in Kuwait), but they are worth every $$$
- Greatest wraps to ever exist. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit, but they are good.
- Carrot Cake Super Cookies. I’m a girl who loves anything carrot cake, so when I saw these on Vitacost you bet your balls they were going right in the “cart”. The taste is awesome, they go perfect in a smoothie or oatmeal, and for 150 calories you can
eatdevour 20 of them
- Am I on tropical getaway?!!. With alcohol being illegal out here, this is about as close as I’m getting to a coconut rum & pineapple drink, Ha! Being the smoothie queen I am, of course I had to incorporate it into a smoothie; 1 banana, 1 cup mango coconut water, and 2 tbsp. of this peanut butter… oh my word, HEAVEN!
… and that right there ladies (and gentlemen), is the reason why today is so marvelous :).
- Any good finds lately?
- Do any baking over the long weekend?