Good Morning & Happy Saturday! Up until last night, nothing too exciting was happening over here in Kuwait. My Friday afternoon consisted of cleaning, baking, school & spending an obnoxious amount of money on groceries (Kuwait, why must you charge $9.00 for ONE bag of cheese??)
Once dinnertime rolled around, oh man that’s when things got good. Thursday night while I was browsing dinner recipes for the next two weeks, I came across THIS recipe (Eggplant Panini with Pesto). I was kind of hesitant about it at first, not knowing if Joshua would enjoy it or not. Surprisingly enough, he loved it! Since it was a success, I just knew I had to share it with all of you :).
Eggplant Panini with Pesto :: Serving size 2
- 1 small-medium eggplant (6 oz.)
- 1/3-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. pesto
- 4-6 thin slice tomato
- whole wheat french bread
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Slice eggplant into 1/4″ slices
- Place eggplant slices on paper towel, season with salt, and let sit for 30 minutes (this will soak up some of the moisture); Pat eggplant dry
- Season eggplant with pepper, and then lightly spritz with olive oil
- Place eggplant on panini grill.
- Grill for 8 minutes; turning once halfway through
- While eggplant is cooking, cut bread in two 4″ inch pieces
- When eggplant is finished, lay 2-3 slices on each piece of bread
- Top with mozzarella cheese, tomato & 1/2 tbsp. pesto
- Close sandwich, place back on panini grill & cook until bread is toasted and cheese is bubbling out
- Enjoy =)
&&& now that I shared this delicious recipe with you, it’s time to go finish my breakfast… PANCAKES!!! Have a fabulous day ❤ ❤
- Are you an eggplant lover?
- Have you tried a new recipe this week?