Hi guys! It’s Tuesday, and I’m ready to tackle this day head on and make it wonderful. Life is way too short to be anything but happy (Am I right?!!). For today’s post, I thought I’d share a few scenarios, and give you an idea on how to turn the negative into a positive.
- You wake up in the morning to work on schoolwork, and realize the owner of your villas you’re living in never paid the internet subscription. Sure, you could freak out & say every cuss word in the book, but really… where’s that going to get you? The internet won’t magically start working again. Instead, take a deep breath & remind yourself that there are so many places that offer WIFI these days (If you haven’t guessed already, this is exactly what happened to me this morning).
- You just had one of the worst runs you’ve had in quite some time. If you are going to be a runner, you need to know that not every run will be perfect. Some will be great and others not so stellar. Have I ever experienced a bad run and got down on myself? Absolutely! We as runners need to tell ourselves though that tomorrow is a new day, and about 80% of the time, a bad run is followed with an amazing one. And if that didn’t work, either try looking up a motivational quote or thinking of others who don’t even have the opportunity to run.
- You ordered a certain drink at the barista, and got the complete opposite. It happens, orders get messed up. There isn’t one person out there who has never made a mistake at work, or at home. No need to be rude to the employee, simply ask for your order to be corrected. It may take an extra few minutes, but such is life. If you’re lucky and ask with a smile on your face, they may even give you a larger size or throw in a treat.
- You just woke up and realized you slept throw your alarm clock. Now you’ll be late for work/school. This situation has happened to many people, including myself. First things first, do not freak out. Call your work and let them know you’ll be running a few minutes behind. If they ask what happened, tell them the truth. It’s never good to lie to anyone; it’ll only come back and bite you in the butt later on down the road. Next, get yourself ready for the day, grab a quick meal for breakfast & head out the door.
- The holidays have ended; you step on the scale & see the number has gone up. Why freak out? You obviously enjoyed yourself, maybe just a little or a bit too much. Now is the time to grab your sneakers and go out for a 20 minute walk, or head to the grocery store for clean foods. There is absolutely NO reason to get down though. You had fun & at the time it’s EXACTLY what you wanted to do. It’s all part of life. I can guarantee that once you get back into your everyday schedule, the number will start dropping again.
Situations happen in life, but YOU determine the outcome. YOU determine rather or not you’ll make the most of your day. We as humans seem to think negative a lot, and it’s not good. It’s like we have something in our brain that triggers bad thoughts first. What we can do though, is always try to see the good. ❤
**Also, please check out my Blogger Spotlight on Tribesports!
- How do you turn a negative into a positive?
- …. Have an amazing day!