Great news! Because of all of your prayers & wishes, I am feeling much better this morning. Thank goodness because I’m not sure I could take one more day of being under the weather! I’m not quite sure who invented the theory stating “Eating an Apple a Day, Keeps the doctor away”, but they are WRONG! Yup, I said it! I eat an apple every.single.day. Ha Ha. I really can’t complain though, I haven’t been sick in quite sometime.
There is one thing worth mentioning from yesterday… dinner. I followed THIS recipe (Bruschetta Tuna Burger) to the T, and it did NOT disappoint. I put it on top of spaghetti squash with broccoli & a wedge of laughing cow cheese. When your husbands a fan, you know it’s good.
The rest of our evening consisted of watching more episodes of Scandal Season 2, and relaxing.
&& now onto today’s post…
Yes, I’m aware that we are now 8 days into the year, but I couldn’t help but fill out & share this Two Thousand and Twelve survey with all of you. Enjoy 🙂
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
- Joshua & I ran our first half-marathon together in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Moved to a completely new country :: Kuwait
- Vacation in Santorini Island, Greece
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Honestly, I didn’t make a single New Year Resolution, or goal for 2012.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? We may not be close, but my cousin gave birth to a beautiful little girl ❤
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank the Lord.
5. Where did you visit?
- Atlantic City, New Jersey
6. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- May 14 – Moving to Kuwait due to my husband’s Job
- I’m not exactly sure of the date but this fall finding out that I was no longer producing due to high intensity workouts.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Feeling safe financially wise with my husband
- Enrolling in school, which starts in just one week!
- Completing the half marathon
8. What was your biggest failure? I don’t believe failures exist. You may not succeed at first but that doesn’t mean you can’t get back up & try again.
- Plantar fasciitis
- Hypothalamic amenorrhoea
10. What was the best thing you bought? I wouldn’t say there was really a purchase that stood out this year. Our vacation to Greece was probably our biggest expense.
11. Where did most of your money go? On our vacation to Greece it went to our plane tickets & hotel
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Moving to Kuwait & experiencing a whole new way of living with my wonderful husband.
- Being able to see & explore how beautiful Greece is
- Continuing to gain weight. This may sound crazy, but every ounce or pound is just one step closer to being able to produce again =)
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? Happier. Yes I may of had difficulties during the year, but being able to grow as a woman & wife makes every struggle worth it ❤
- Thinner or fatter? Thinner
- Richer or poorer? I don’t like either word. I will say, we are better financially wise this year.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Living more in the present and not so much around a planned schedule. #bestbreakthishabit
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying. I can be quite the worrying type when it comes to spending money. I hate spending money, and kind of wish I never had too.
16. How did you spend Christmas? Woke the husband up super early to open gifts. Made us breakfast and just spent the day relaxing & watching Christmas movies.
17. Did you fall in love in 2012? Every year I find myself more in love with Joshua. Heck, I feel this way every.single.day
18. What was your favorite TV program? Does ESPN count? I’m honestly not a huge television person. I will have to say Scandal is pretty awesome & ridiculously addicting
19. What was the best book you read? I know I read two books, but I can’t even remember the titles of either. Whoops :-X
20. What did you want and get? To become at peace with myself after finding out I was no longer producing… and you know what, I have. Yes I may have days where I feel completely overwhelmed both physically and mentally, but knowing that this phase in my life is temporary is such a positive.
21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Joshua actually surprised me by taking the day off. We went to the mall, had a wonderful lunch, dinner & of course enjoyed some carrot cake at the end of the day. I turned 23.
22. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I truly did have a very satisfying year. However, more love never hurts anyone right?? ❤ ❤
23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? While we lived in the VA, I wore work clothes every.single.day, but since the move to Kuwait my days consist of workout clothes. Don’t get me wrong, I do think I clean up pretty nicely when we go out.
24. What kept you sane?
- First and foremost, My husband
- Friends & Family (that includes Roxy)
25. What political issue stirred you the most? To be honest I don’t follow politics as much as I should. I’m kind of ashamed to admit this.
26. Who did you miss? Since moving to Kuwait, I miss our families & friends
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Embrace every change that life throws your way. You may not see the good in the beginning, but just know that there’s an end and happiness to every journey & struggle you face ❤
Now it’s time to move into 2013, and make the year the best we can!!! ❤
**Even though I may not be participating this Tuesday, please head over to Sloane @ Strength in Freedom’s page & check out/participate in her beautiful, and empowering campaign called freEDom from Perfection.