Happy New Year Everyone!! How was your evening? Ours was very low-key; played games, watched bowl games & tried my hardest to stay awake until midnight by snacking on Cinnamon Chex Cereal. I truly am the worst at staying awake until midnight [with an exception of last year]. I do have to say, Joshua was adorable! He pulled up the ball dropping in New York City from last year [since obviously it hadn’t happened in the states @ the time], just so we had a little countdown to bring in the New Year. I even woke up this morning to a New Year’s note. How did I ever get so lucky?? ❤
I’m not quite sure what today will bring, but I do know I need to get moving shortly and take the little one on a walk. Is it just me, or does today seem like it’s going to drag by, and be full of yawns? It’s only 7:30 in the morning and I’m already contemplating on taking a morning nap, Ha!
Since it’s a New Year’s Day & all, I think it’s only appropriate that I share my New Year Resolution and Goals for the year.
It actually took me a bit of time to think of a good one. No matter how many resolutions I’ve made, I’ve never been someone to stick with it. However, this year I’m not allowing that to happen. When it comes to organization, cleaning & planning, I’m quite OCD. To some it may be a good thing, but to me, it can get out of hand. There will be times where I’m lying in bed @ night, and just have to get up and clean a dish I forgot to wash, or fix a pillow. Honestly, they are such stupid & simple things that no one should really care about. I don’t want to say “learn”, but that’s the only word that I can think of right now. So yes, I want to learn to just slow down, take a deep breath & relax. Let myself know it’s okay if the house isn’t always perfect, my planner isn’t updated, or know what Joshua & I may do over the weekend. Life is too short to live life in a planned & scheduled way. It’s time to become spontaneous again. Time to let loose =).
Never did I think this year’s goals wouldn’t involve running. For the past couple years, I’ve told myself I would run a 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon. Hey, that’s life though right? Things happen and change for a reason.
- Continue putting on weight & straightening out my hormones. This goal is very important to me, as all of you may know. I’m at a point where weight is coming on, and for the most part, I’m feeling pretty good. Since I’m putting it on slowly and not all at once, I can hardly tell a difference most of the time. I wasn’t quite sure I was on the right track until I received a message from my twin brother, Justin yesterday. He wrote me telling me he can see such an improvement & that he’s very proud. It was a short & simple, but such an encouragement.
- Continue saving money for our future. The main reason we are out in Kuwait is to save money, and if we aren’t doing that, than what are we doing out here you know. I will say, Joshua and I both are pretty good at not spending money on unnecessary items, but I do want to remain on the right track. Were at a place in our life where savings DOES matter. We’re not quite sure where we’ll be in a year or two from now, so knowing that we are financially secure just makes our life 10 times easier & less stressful.
- Graduate from IIN. I officially start school in 2 weeks. I am beyond excited to take this next step in my life. I truly am looking forward for what this program will bring to me, and others around.
- My marriage. What about my marriage? I want to remain the best wife I can be to Joshua. To always put a smile on his face. For our love to grow stronger and stronger. My husband means everything to me, and as long as he’s happy, that’s all I can ask for in life <3.
- Did you make a New Year’s Resolution or Goals for 2013?
- **Don’t forget to drink lots of water today… especially if a hangover is happening on your end =)**