Tis’ today to go quick so Joshua can be home.
The morning that went from bad to great. I went to make my beloved pancakes for breakfast, and what do you know… were out of gas (could it be that I left the stove top on for about 4 hours last night? whoops). What’s a girl to do right?? Well, I mixed 8 egg whites, 1 scoop of cinnamon bun protein powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon & 1/4 cup water. Put 1/4 cup of the mixture @ a time into the microwave, and made 4 microwavable “cakes” and topped all with peanut butter and syrup. So good! I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty excited to try out different protein powders in the mix… once I purchase more eggs =)
Last night Joshua & I were suppose to attend a Christmas Party for the owners of my gym, however… we never did make it. I had gotten the worst cramps, and just didn’t feel like moving off the couch. Oh well, it happens. My Friday wasn’t completely filled with cramps though. Lucie @ Fit Swiss Chick & I had our planned video chat! Can I just tell you, she is ADORABLE & I’m completely jealous of her accent. If you don’t already follow her blog, please do. Besides being a sweetheart, she shares awesome recipes & takes you throughout her everyday life.
Last week I was nominated for more awards from five different ladies. I cannot tell you enough how much the nominations mean to me. Kat @ Katalyst Health, Ashlee @ His N Hers-Happy N Healthy, Nikki @ Road to Less Cake and Renee @ Fit For Motherhood all nominated me for The Liebster Award. I’ve actually already been nominated before, but I did want to make sure I acknowledged all four in today’s post. So, girls.. Thank You! All four of you are wonderful, strong & kind women. Continue shining & being who you are <3.
&& the third nomination was from the beautiful & honest Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia. Maria nominated me for an award I’ve actually never heard of before, The Reality Blog Award.
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them.
- Answer the 5 questions presented.
- Nominate up to 20 blogs for the award and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
Here’s the list of 5 questions:
- If you could change one thing what would you change? If I could change one thing, it would be how social media affects your body image. No matter where you look; magazines, billboards and television, you see pictures of women with so-called “perfect” bodies. Teenage girls feel that if you have their body, you’ll be “liked” and paid more attention too. So what happens… they begin damaging their bodies in more ways the one to get that “look”. It’s a shame, and I wish more than anything these young women would see the beauty that others around them do ❤
- If you could repeat an age, what would it be? If I could repeat an age, I wouldn’t. I’m very content with where I am in life today. Every year I’ve been alive, I’ve made mistakes and incredible memories. Without those years, I wouldn’t be the woman I am today.
- What one thing really scares you? One thing that really scares me is FAILURE. I try not to let fears take over my life, but no one can honestly say fears don’t pop into their head from time to time. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does… all I can think about is “What if I don’t succeed at school? What if Joshua looses his job, and we don’t have the amount of money in our savings that I want. What if I never get back to the healthy size where I can have a child? So yes these fears may exist, but what I have realized is, if you let them take over your life.. they will, but if you look past them & think positive, you’ll be happier & less stressed.
- What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it? One dream I have yet to complete would be learning a new language. Joshua & I have always wanted to learn German. Hopefully within the year, we’ll be able to speak a bit, and maybe even learn Arabic as well.
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be? If I could be someone else for one day, it’d be Reese Witherspoon. Shes one, if not my favorite actress. I love how she’s simple, beautiful, honest, caring & funny all at the same time.
&& for 20 bloggers whom I’m suppose to pick.. well that’s not happening. I pick all of you! Each of you ladies (& the few men out there), put a smile on my face day in & day out. You all deserve to be recognized. xoxo
- Pick 1 out of the 5 questions & answer (or as many as you’d like)
- Favorite actress & actor? Reese Witherspoon/Denzel Washington & Will Smith