This post may be a bit on the longer side. I can’t help it, I just have so much to share with all of you =) A couple of you have asked me about the “24 Day of Togetherness” that Joshua and I are participating in. Well here’s the breakdown so far;
- Sunday: We had to buy each other a small gift. Like I shared already with you, Joshua got me a new mug from Caribou Coffee & I bought him a couple new movies
- Monday: We had to cook dinner together. On the menu were Chicken fajitas. Normally we don’t cook dinner together since I always have it done as he’s walking in the door, so it was such a nice change. Joshua was amazing company, and our meal turned out delicious
- Tuesday: A Christmas movie was on the agenda. Joshua actually surprised me with 3 new Christmas movies Monday night, so it worked out perfect. We decided to watch “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas”. Is it just me, or does the beginning of the movie freak you out?
- Tonight: We’ll be dancing & singing to Christmas music =)
Moving on… a couple of days ago, the oh so beautiful Sarah @ Picky Runner nominated me for the “Liebster Award”. Sarah and I have just recently for the past month or 2 started talking more and more. I can’t even begin to tell you how sweet Sarah is. If you’ve ever read her blog, then you know exactly what I’m talking about. You also know that’s she real, and she doesn’t hold back on how she’s feeling. I absolutely love that about her. I also love the fact that she has a huge love for running =)
Here are the rules:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Thank the person who nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
11 Random Facts:
- Don’t ever ask me who sings what song, or who plays in what movie because I probably won’t know. I have the worst memory when it comes to that sort of thing.
- When I’m walking, I’m oblivious to my surroundings. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked in dog poop without even realizing it was there. Gross right??!!
- I’m awful at styling my hair. The best I can do is straighten it. I just don’t know how girls do it. I’ve tried to curl it, but man it never turns out that great. Oh well, that’s life.
- One time when I was tanning, I fell asleep in the tanning bed. I’m not talking about just a quick cat nap while you wait for the timer to go off, I’m talking like deep sleep. The owner tried buzzing me over & over again, but no such luck. She had to come into the room, and open the bed to wake me. Good thing I used to work there, and the owner & I are close.
- I can be quite the emotional queen sometime. There are days where anything & everything makes me shed a tear or two.
- I watch Jeopardy almost every morning. Sadly, I don’t think I’ve gained much knowledge yet =(
- I can’t enjoy my meal if I have to use the restroom, even just a little bit. Sorry if that was TMI
- I can remember my dreams that I have for months
- I’ll be honest, sometimes I think life should revolve around me. For an example: going out to dinner on my time. I know that sounds selfish, but hey I’m admitting to it. I also know that everyone has those times in their life too.
- The first thing I do in the morning is check my e-mail. This is definitely something I would love to work on. I read in some health magazine that stretching should be one of the first things you do. Maybe I’ll make it a goal for December =)
- When I was younger, I used to keep a golf club next to my bed in case someone tried to kidnap me (Since I know you are reading this mom, did you ever know this? Ha Ha)
I don’t think Sarah actually listed 11 questions for us to answer, so this step will be skipped
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Are you allergic to anything? I’m allergic to peaches, and almost every medication out there. Basically all I can take is Tylenol with codeine.
- Do you prefer cold or warm meals? I was actually just telling Joshua the other day how I’d much rather eat cold meals, no matter the temperature outside. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy a nice bowl of hot chili during the winter months, but I think it tastes just as delicious cold =)
- What was the reasoning for your first time being pulled over by the cops? Speeding. What can I say, I sometimes I have a lead foot =X
- Would you rather stay in for a nice home cooked meal, or go out to a restaurant? To be honest, I’d much rather eat a meal I cook over another. However, I do like eating out at from time to time.
- Do you think all water tastes the same? I do NOT! I’ve never been a big fan of aquafina. I’ve always found the taste to just be bleh (in case you were wondering)
- What’s your favorite fruit & vegetable? Favorite fruit: apples. Favorite vegetable: brussel sprouts
- How many times have you moved in your life? Up until I moved to NC (when Joshua was stationed there), I had never moved anywhere. Since then though, oh wow. I’ve moved a bunch. I moved to NC, then moved back to PA whenever Joshua deployed, moved back to NC when he came home, we moved in with our best friends while in NC (due to the military telling us Joshua would be getting out early, putting in our month notice at our home & then finding out he wouldn’t be getting out early any longer), moving to VA beach, moving back to my parents home whenever Joshua came over here a month or two before I did, and then to Kuwait. We’ve also already moved once since I got here in May. Geesh!!
- How tall are you? I’m 5’1 and three-quarters (so let’s just say 5’2″ shall we =))
- If you could drink one non-alcoholic drink & one alcoholic drink for the rest of your life what would it be? Non-alcoholic: water. Alcoholic: Coconut rum with pineapple juice
- Favorite form of exercise? We all know by now that I’m currently sidelined from intense workouts, so walking it is. However, if I had to pick my favorite all around.. it’s still and will probably always be RUNNING!
Alright, and I know I’m suppose to nominate 11, but frankly I just don’t want too. Instead, I want to nominate ALL OF YOU! All you have to do is answer a few of my questions and leave them in the comment box. Simple enough right?
&&& the last thing for today is… WHAT I ATE
WEDNSDAY TUESDAY hosted by Jenn at Peas And Crayons. Be sure to head over to her page & see what else everyone has been eating or making =)
Don’t worry though, I won’t be sharing a whole days worth of meals. Instead, I’ll be sharing another smoothie recipe with y’all. On Monday, Lucie @ Fit Swiss Chick mentioned that she made a Pear Smoothie. I was completely intrigued, so of course I e-mailed her right away asking for the recipe.
The recipe she uses is:
- 2 small pears, or 1 large
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- loads of cinnamon
I immediately tried it out, and can confirm it was just as delicious as it sounded. Well, I got to thinking how I can put my own “spin” on it. So without further ado, here’s what I came up with:
- 1/2 pear
- 1 medium banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (cinnamon bun is pretty good too)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon xanthun gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Lucie’s is definitely a less-calorie filled smoothie, but both are awesome!
And, that’s today’s post. Now it’s time for me to curl up on the couch with Roxy & enjoy a nice chick flick =)
… I also want to apologize for the girls who I owe e-mails too. My internet has been ridiculously slow (like it’s taken me over an hour to post this). I promise to write each & every one of you back as soon as possible =)