Boy do I have a recipe for you guys!
These may not be the healthiest, #sorryimnotsorry (mostly because of the icing), but I can promise you that they are good!!.. I also want to apologize for the ugly picture. I never did say I was a good photographer.
Banana Bread Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2-1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (or applesauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, vanilla, and light brown sugar together.
- Add sour cream & butter (or applesauce)
- Once wet ingredients are mixed well, add dry ingredients, and then bananas
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, let cool before icing
Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter (make sure it’s room temperature)
- 6 oz. “light” cream cheese (regular will work as well)
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix butter & cream cheese until smooth
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix well
Simple enough right? I always find that making my own frosting is much easier, and tastes 10 times better than the store-bought. If you make your own, do you feel the same way?
Well, that’s all I have for today. Time to take Roxy for a little walk & then do some grocery shopping =)
- What’s your favorite cupcake recipe?
- Would you rather eat a cupcake or piece of cake?