Hi Everyone! To all my fellow Americans, how was your Thanksgiving? I hope y’all had an amazing day with family & loved ones… and of course enjoyed the delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I know I got a fair share myself :). Many of you asked if Joshua & I would be enjoying the traditional Thanksgiving meal since we’re now living in Kuwait. Well the answer is yes, of course! Thankfully they were selling butterball turkeys on base along with ham, so it all worked out perfectly :).
Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to look forward to Christmas. I cannot get over the fact that it’s basically a month away. Have you gotten your Christmas shopping done yet, or are you one of those people who wait until the last week? Ha Ha!
Talking about Christmas, on Tuesday Meghan @ After The Ivy League nominated to participate in a fun Holiday Themed Christmas Survey. I was beyond excited. I mean 1. I love Christmas & 2. I love surveys 🙂
- What’s your favorite Christmas song? I am so bad when it comes to music, and remembering the names of songs. Let’s think for a second (and google)… I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause, All I Want For Christmas Is You, and White Christmas
- Have you ever gone shopping on Black Friday? Yes. However, these days I’d rather just sit at home and find the same deals online… with no pushing & pulling from obnoxious shoppers.
- What’s your favorite Christmas movie? Believe it or not, up until two years ago I had never seen The Christmas Story. Well it’s now a favorite, along with Elf. How can anyone not love Buddy?
- Who’s your favorite person to shop for on your list? It’s a tie between Joshua & my mom. All Joshua ever asks for are things related to Penn State, Titans & Phillies. Can’t get much easier than that. My mom is the type of person that’ll love anything you give her.
- Who’s your least favorite person to shop for? Definitely my dad & brother
- What’s your most memorable Christmas gift you’ve ever received? Unlike my brother, I have the worst memory… like if it happened 3 years ago, I may have already forgotten. Oh well. However, I do remember one Christmas my parents had gotten Justin & me both cell phones. It was a complete surprise. They hid the phones throughout our home, called the phones & we had to go on a scavenger hunt to find them. Also, another awesome gift was from my brother last year. I’ve never mentioned this before, but he’s quite the handy man when it comes to the workshop. He made Joshua & I a Car Key/Coat hanger out of wood. I wish I had a picture of it because it turned out beautiful. He engraved “Gipe” (my last name) & our anniversary date in it.
- What’s your most memorable Christmas gift you’ve ever given? Again, memory loss is happening. I’m sorry, and this sounds pitiful but I can’t think of anything at the moment.
- Where’s your favorite place to go Christmas shopping? It all depends on who I’m shopping for. I am a big fan of online websites though.
- What was one of your favorite Christmas memories? I definitely don’t have one favorite memory. I truly do believe that every Christmas is an amazing memory. I love our Christmas dinners where we sit down as a family and enjoy Lasagna. I love that we open one gift every Christmas Eve. I love that my dad will still hide our Christmas money outside (yup, we’ve had to climb parts of a tree before). I just love the whole day with my family.
- Who’s your favorite Christmas shopping buddy? Whenever were visiting our family, it’s definitely my beautiful mother.
- Do you decorate for the holidays and put up a tree? When do you normally do it? Joshua & I will be putting up our fake tree on Sunday! I cannot wait 🙂 Finding a tree & decorations was one thing I was worried about upon moving here. How in the world would we get a tree? Do they sell anything Christmas related? Well thankfully, a woman Joshua works with had a fake tree she didn’t need (she’ll be going back to the states), along with Christmas tree decorations. I guess it’s true, as long as you’re happy & hopeful… everything does work out.
- And fine, just one food-related question, what’s your favorite Christmas dessert? No favorite. Oh wait, I just remembered I love Peanut Butter Blossoms.
… And now I’m off to watch “The Lion King”. Don’t act like you don’t love this movie too 🙂
- What is one of your favorite Christmas memories?
- What do you & your family eat for Christmas dinner?