Good Morning! Even though I was only missing for a day from the “blogging world”, it’s wonderful to be back. I hope all y’all’s week started off on the right foot. If it wasn’t the greatest, just remind yourself that Thursday is Thanksgiving! 🙂 🙂
Tuesday’s have become a day when I write a post for Sloane over @ Strength In Freedom campaign called “Freedom From Perfection”, but because I was gone all yesterday I never got a chance to really sit down & think of what to say. So unfortunately, I won’t be participating this week, but please still head over to Sloane’s page & see what others are saying ❤ It really is a wonderful, motivational & inspiring campaign link to be apart of.
Okay, now let’s talk about yesterday for a little. Y’all are going to hate me, but I didn’t take a single picture. #sorryimnotsorry. I rarely take pictures as it is, and yesterday was just a day where I wanted our day to be strictly about us. That meant no cell phones, no cameras, no nothing. We had originally planned on seeing “Flight” @ 2:30, but because of traffic on the way there our plans had to change. Thankfully there was another showing at 5:00. Once we got to The Avenues (the mall), we decided to grab a quick-lunch at subway. Afterwards, we walked around looking for a good price on jeans. The hubs desperately needs some new pairs for work. We didn’t have the greatest of luck. The cheapest pair we could find anywhere were for $50.00. That’s a little higher than I like to spend (yup I can be cheap when it comes to buying clothes). So needless to say, the hubs only got one pair from American Eagle & were just going to order some online.
After a little more walking, and telling the husband I wanted everything in the Ikea store it was time for the movie. Let me just tell you, I absolutely loved it! Denzel Washington can do no wrong in my book. The movie kept your attention from beginning to end. For anyone who hasn’t seen it, I’d definitely recommend you heading to the theaters soon & seeing it.
Once the movie was over, we decided to stay @ the mall and grab dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I’ve always been a big fan of Texas Roadhouse, however last night I was a little disappointed. I ordered a chicken salad with no bacon, well when my meal came there was bacon. I’m not usually one to complain or have them remake it, but there was so much bacon it would’ve taken me a while to pick through it all. I sent it back, and when they brought me a new salad it wasn’t even the one I ordered. Thankfully they were kind enough to take my meal off the bill. So yup, my dinner ended up just being broccoli for the most part. It kinda worked out in the end though, because I had quite an upset stomach & just wasn’t feeling to hot by the end of the night. We got home around 9:30, and I pretty much crashed right away. #grandma status.
Now here I am, it’s 7:25 in the morning & I’m feeling much better :). It’s supposed to be another cold one on this side of the ocean today (77 degrees). I know some of you may think I’m crazy, but when you have been used to 90-100 degree temperatures for quite some time, anything under that means jeans & sweaters. Ah, I’m not sure how I’m going to survive when I visit the states in March. Someone help me! Ha Ha.
This weekend I saw a fun survey called “Looking Forward Survey” on Danielle @ Itsaharleylife’s page & thought it’d be fun to complete sometime this week :).
- What are you looking forward to in the next couple hours? Trying a new-to-me smoothie I found on Katie @ HealthyDivaEat’s page (Caramel Pumpkin Protein Smoothie), but I’ll be adding 1/2 a banana to the mix as well.
You can’t tell me that doesn’t look delicious?!!
- Who are you looking forward to seeing? Well since the only person I really see is my husband, I guess my husband. However, if you fast forward 249 days (not like I’m counting down or anything) to March, I’m excited to see my family, friends & blends ❤
- Which meal you’re looking forward to eating? See #2, and once Thursday comes it’ll be Thanksgiving Dinner
- Workout you’re looking forward to doing? My usual 20 minute walk with Roxy, and I’ll also be doing a quick core workout @ some point today as well.
- What you’re looking forward to this weekend? Football, Football & Football. Man, I don’t know what I’m going to do once the season is over 😦
- Show you’re looking forward to watching: Sons of Anarchy. Jax is the perfect eye candy… am I right?? Ha Ha
- Recipe you’re looking forward to making? I received another package from my mom last week, and she had bought me some products from “Wildtree”. There was a product called “Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato blend” that I’m looking forward to trying out this evening for dinner. I found a recipe for these (picture below) that I’ll be following.. substituting the bacon with tuna.
- What you’re looking forward to most for the holidays? Thanksgiving: Even though Joshua has to work all day, I’m blessed that we’ll be able to have a nice dinner that night and watch football. Christmas: Spending the whole day together, and then celebrating our 4 year marriage anniversary 2 days later at a fancy hotel ❤
- Thanksgiving dish you’re looking forward to eating? Bring on the turkey baby!!
- A goal you’re looking forward to achieving? I wouldn’t call it a goal, but being at a healthy weight where I regain my period & we can start trying for a baby. Also, graduating school next December.
Woah, this post was very long. Don’t worry though y’all, I’m all done writing for the day 🙂 :).
- Answer some of the above questions. I’d love to hear your answers.
- Are you doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?