Happy Friday Y’all!! How has your morning been? For some reason around 5:30 my stomach woke me up growling. I try not to eat my first meal until around 7, so to distract myself I baked. I’m aware some of you may be scratching your head & asking yourself ” if you are hungry, why bake? Won’t that tempt you more?” Well, thankfully I’m not big into eating much of the cookie batter. Call me crazy, but as much as I love cookie dough I’d rather there be enough for the final outcome.
The Indians my husband works with on base love baked goods. I decided to make sugar cookies with candy corn on top, and later today I’ll be making either banana chocolate chip muffins or bread. I just haven’t decided yet :).
Well enough about baking and before I get into an award I was nominated for, I have a quick question. Do you use xanthan gum for your smoothies? Holy Moly, I finally decided to get some & wow!!! I couldn’t believe how much of a difference it makes. My smoothies are usually always creamy, but this stuff just took it to a whole new level! If you don’t use it.. START!
Anyways, last week Fit ‘N’ Well Mommy nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I know I was already nominated, and shared facts with you, but who doesn’t enjoy learning more about others?
I just started reading Fit ‘N’ Well Mommy’s blog not too long ago, and its quickly become a favorite of mine. Not only does she share amazing recipes, but she has a cute little boy named Keenan. Between her sweetness & Keenan’s cuteness, they could brighten your day in a second.
Here is how the award works:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them.
7 Things About Myself:
- I have two favorite actors; Denzel Washington & Will Smith. I don’t think there has been one movie between those two that I haven’t loved.
- ESPN is my favorite television channel. I prefer watching a sports game (football, baseball, hockey, basketball) over anything else.
- I know many of you would prefer roasted vegetables, but I’d much rather just throw them in the microwave (broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower).
- I’ve never colored my hair. Sure there have been moments when I wanted to go all drastic & change it up.. but I’ve always been too big of a wuss.
- I tell people I’m 5’2″, but really I’m 5’1″ and 3/4. Don’t act like you don’t round-up to make yourself seem taller 🙂
- I only have one set of grandparents who are still a live. I admire and love the fact that even after 50 years together, they are still deeply in love & smitten with one another. I can only hope that Joshua & I will be the same ❤
- As much as I love the beach, I’m terrified to go far out in the ocean. Yup, I’m one of those people who believe a shark is out to get me.. and only me. When I was younger, I swore up and down that they would be in the deep end of pools.
**And again, I nominate all of you**
- What is one fear you have?
- Any big plans for the weekend?