On my walk this morning I started thinking, what does it truly mean to be “healthy”. I feel as if you hear the question: “What does healthy mean?” almost daily. I think some people will argue that being healthy strictly means eating well & exercising 4-5 days a week. However, I’m a part of the group that would disagree.
To me, living a healthy life isn’t just about the food I eat and how much physical activity I can fit it throughout the week. I truly do believe there are other factors that are just important, such as:
- Having peace and confidence within you. If you don’t believe you are a beautiful & strong woman, than how will you fight off the negatives?
- Laughing, and interacting with others. Without family & friends, what are you besides lonely?
- Getting the proper amount of sleep during the night. Without sleep, your energy level won’t be as high throughout the day. You’ll find yourself too tired to stay focused at work, or to play and run around w/ your children.
- Having “me” time. Everyone needs that moment, rather it be for 20 minutes a day or once a week to do exactly what YOU want to do.
So yes nourishing your body with the right amount of vegetables, fruits, dairy products & carbohydrates is healthy, there are so many other aspects that make being healthy “healthy”.
- What does being healthy mean to you?
- Have a wonderful & fun weekend everyone!