First things first. I want to Thank You from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful & sweet comments you’ve left on my vacation recaps. They truly meant the world to me, and had me constantly smiling.
Last week the beautiful Rebecca over @ Blueberry Smiles tagged me for the Inspiring Blog Award, which is an award that’s All About You. You simply post 7 interesting facts about yourself that followers may not know. Then tag 7 people, and inform them to link their post back to yours.
- Some of you may think I have it all together, and am constantly positive but that’s not always the case. There are times where I feel overwhelmed, and just can’t help but shed a tear or two. I’m human, and I believe that having those breakdowns from time to time only make you that much stronger as a person
- This is rather personal, but I’ve been wanting to share this with all of you for quite some time. A few of you know, but others do not. I lost my period back in May, and am currently in the process of getting tests done to see why, and what caused this to happen. On Monday I ended up in the ER, and found out that I have Hypothyroidism. It is a condition in which the Thyroid Gland does not make enough Thyroid Hormone. I want a family, and will do whatever it takes. If it involves cutting back exercise, or putting on weight, than so be it. I am young and have the rest of my life to get my body back to where I want it. Right now it’s about my health & my marriage to my wonderful husband.
- I used to be terrified of bridges. I would hold my breath the whole way across.
- I know some of you have those long-lasting friendships with girls and guys from High School, but I do not. I have one friend who I’ve remained close with since. You truly do realize who your true friends are once you move away.
- Every morning for breakfast I have some sort of smoothie. I’ve tried eating something different, but it just never tastes as good. It’s like my body has adjusted to the cold & refreshing meal, and wont allow anything else.
- Sticking with the food facts. I eat dessert every.single.night even if I’m not hungry. It almost always includes yogurt & fruit
- When I was younger, I honestly thought I’d grow up to be an Orthopedic Surgeon. Obviously that dream has changed quite a bit. I don’t mind blood, but could never see myself doing surgeries day in and day out.
Danica @ It’sProgression
Jess @ FitNJess
Tessa @ Amazingasset
Sarah @ IngredientsofaFit Chick
Lindsay @ ItzLinz
Theresa @ ASpoonfulofSunshine
Michelle @ EatMoveBalance
Now onto the recipe. The other day I was craving a Peanut Butter Cookie bad… like I didn’t think I’d be able to live without one. Thankfully I have a ridiculous amount of Peanut Butter & Peanut Flour to hold me over for quite sometime. I decided to incorporate Protein Plus Peanut Flour that the sweet Eva @ Committed2Nutrition had sent me.
Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
Makes 25 bite-size cookies. Each cookie is 51 calories
- 1 cup Peanut Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 7 tablespoons of Ican’tBelieveIt’sNotButter, or 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
*Feel free to throw in Chocolate Chips, Nuts, or Fruit. Whatever your little heart desires 🙂
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine Peanut Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Soda & Baking Powder in one bowl
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients & mix well.
- Dough may seem very thick, and you may need to add an additional tablespoon or two of water.
- Bake 10-13 minutes.
- Do you prefer bite size cookies, or larger cookies?
- What’s your favorite apple recipe?