Beware, this post may be all over the place. I have so much to get done, in such a little amount of time. You see, the hubs and I have been on the waiting list for “Hula”. Hula is where his company gives you money to live outside of the companies apartment building. Well just last week we were #7, then all of a sudden we became first in line yesterday. Which is wonderful, but there was a little downfall to it. We had to find a place to live in by FRIDAY (yeah in less than 4 days), or someone else would have the opportunity to move out instead.
Needless to say, a majority of my afternoon was spent calling various realtors and apartments. I had originally scheduled 10 apartment showings, but 5 ended up falling through at the last-minute.
The first and second showing were in the same apartment building. The rooms were nice, just not what the husband and I were completely looking for.
The last three were with the same realtor which was nice, and very convenient. The first apartment we were shown is literally a minute walk from where we are now. The inside was a bit small, but nice. It had an outdoor pool, fitness center & security. Overall we were very pleased.
The second one he showed us was just beautiful! It’s about 2-5 minutes from the apartments were at now, and much closer to restaurants. Did I mention that right behind the apartment is the ocean?? As soon as we walked in, I just knew it was the “one”. I was too distracted by this kitchen (these pictures don’t even do it justice):
to take pictures of the rest of the apartment. It’s a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. The only downfall about the place is that there’s no fitness center. Not really a huge concern though because I’m very content at the gym I’m registered with. There’s no need to talk about #3, because we decided to go with this one. I mean seriously, how could we not? It’s perfect for the three of us (yes I’m including Roxy). We are meeting with the realtor tonight around 7, so pray that everything goes smoothly :).
Okay, now onto dinner. It was a good one y’all!! Being that we were in such a huge rush when the hubs got home from work, I completely forgot to take pictures (blogger fail). I wanted to share the recipe today though anyways.
Shrimp Pasta with Peppers and Onions
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta (whole wheat)
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 pepper (I used ½ red, ½ orange), chopped
- Fresh pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Atheno’s Spicy Three Pepper Hummus
- Boil water for pasta. Cook according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, cook chopped peppers and onions in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Season shrimp with pepper and garlic powder. Add shrimp to skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Shrimp will become tough if overcooked.
- Once pasta is done, drain and stir in hummus (add more hummus if you want more flavor). Top with the shrimp, peppers & onions mixture. Enjoy!
- Serves 2.
Now I have gotta go pack up the house. Thank goodness we don’t have too much, so it won’t take too long. Even though I don’t mind cleaning, I despise doing it whenever were moving out. It always seems like such a hassle. Anyone else agree?
How many times have you moved?
What is one necessity you must have in a home?