Good Morning Everyone! I hope y’all had a wonderful weekend. Ours was filled with good food, and the olympics. I can’t believe they are over :(. How about Uganda’s Stephen Kiprotich winning the Men’s Marathon. Seriously, where did he store all of his energy at until the end of the race? I probably told my husband at least 10 times how all these marathon runners are so inspirational. He just didn’t understand though. Anyways, moving on to another Marvelous In My Monday hosted by the beautiful Katie @ HealthyDivaEats. If you don’t already participate, head on over to her page & read all about it.
- I talked to my mom Saturday afternoon. Those forty minutes on the phone made the day perfect. Just hearing her voice was so heartwarming. I’m beyond blessed to have such a wonderful mother. She knows just what to say, and has the greatest advice. I can’t even begin to explain to y’all how much I look up to her. She has the biggest heart out of anyone I know. Her strength alone is amazing. I can only hope to become as incredible of a mother as she has been to my brother & me.
- Atheno’s Spicy Three Pepper Hummus. Have you guys tried this stuff yet? Oh my word, it’s amazing. I’ve never been a big hummus fan, but could easily eat this by the spoonful. I mixed it in w/ my eggs this weekend, so good. I’m going to do some experimenting in tonight’s dinner with it. I’m thinking something along the lines of pasta, shrimp, and onions. Hopefully I’ll have a new recipe for y’all tomorrow.
- My body. No I don’t think my body is marvelous by any means, but it has been feeling wonderful lately. Ever since upping my calorie intake I feel much more “alive”. My body feels stronger, and not “tired”. I know I’m still not 100% on where I should be with how many calories I should be consuming a day, but I’m getting there. It’s not about changing my ways overnight; to me it’s about baby steps. I want to feel comfortable and happy while doing it, and so far I am.
- Step Brothers. Even though the hubs always recites every line during the movie ((which may or may not drive me crazy!!), it’s still a favorite. Seriously, how can you not die of laughter watching it??
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Have you seen Will Ferrell & Zach Galifianakis’s new movie “The Campaign”? Did you like it?