Well the day started off great. I enjoyed another delicious smoothie for breakfast while catching up on some blogs & e-mails. Had a slice of chocolate bread, and headed out the door to the gym… and this is when my mood changed.
Usually on the hotter days ((like today)) I’ll take a taxi to the gym even though it’s only a mile or so away. Well for some unknown reason every taxi driver I asked was trying to charge me a ridiculous amount. Uh, no thanks. I finally just decided to suck it up and walk. Not only was the walk hot, but every guy & their dad wanted to honk and yell something unnecessary at me. I couldn’t have been happier to get to the gym. I did 8 miles, and decided to call it a day. I’m not sure why I thought my walk back would’ve been any different, but hey a girl can dream right? Again, it sucked. This obnoxious guy asked if I needed a ride a billion of times & wouldn’t leave me alone. I just wanted to swear at him, and tell him to get on his way, but unfortunately swearing at others is a no-no over here.
Now that I’m home, I just finished making lunch ((Salad topped with 2 scrambled eggs, tomato, cucumber, broccoli, tuna & ketchup + clementine on the side)) so hopefully the day will get better from here on out 🙂 Must stay positive Jessie is what I keep telling myself.
The other day I was reading Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli blog and found a fun survey. I’m sure most of you have already done it, but if not you should. ((Oh & I just noticed there’s no #3 haha, don’t ask me why.
This or That
1. Coke or Pepsi? I don’t normally drink soda, I’m more of a water kind of girl. If I had to choose it would be Coke though. There’s always been something about Pepsi that tastes funny to me.
2. Caramel Apple or Cotton Candy? Caramel Apple. I’m not one to ever pass up on sugar, but Cotton Candy is just a bit too much for me. I absolutely hate the way it leaves your teeth feeling.
4. Salt or Pepper? I don’t cook with salt, and try not to eat too much of it. Pepper definitely. It always adds a tiny bit of flavor to meals.
5. Pudding or Yogurt? Tough decision. I’ll go with yogurt only because you can make more delicious combos with it.
6. American or Provolone Cheese? Growing up I used to only eat American, and it had to be “White American Cheese” too, but now a days I’d much rather prefer provolone or even Swiss over American.
7. Cookies or Brownies? Can I pick both??
8. Pretzels or Chips? Chips! Can’t ever go wrong with chips & salsa J
9. Cake or Pie?Cake, but hold the frosting. I know I know, y’all are going to think I’m crazy. I really do enjoy the cake part better though.
10. Oatmeal or Cereal? I have yet to try OIAJ, so until then I’ll stick with Cereal.
11. Mexican or Japanese? Mexican!! Chips & salsa, and Chimichangas.
12. Chinese or Italian? Italian. I’ve never been a big Chinese eater. Nothing better than pasta on a crummy day, or the night before a race.
13. Surf or Turf? I’m equal
14. Pizza or Pasta? I don’t think there’s ever been a time where I’d pick pasta over pizza.
15. Mustard or Ketchup? Can’t decide & won’t.
16. Sandwich or Wrap? Sandwich. Wraps can get a bit too messy for me.
17. Apples or Oranges? Apples. Especially apples with peanut butter
18. Strawberries or Raspberries? I don’t like either of them by plain, but I’d prefer strawberries in my smoothie.
19. Blackberries or Blueberries? BLUEBERRIES! I had never tried them up until this summer ((crazy right??)), and I honestly can’t get enough.
20. Rice or Noodles? Spaghetti Squash??
21. Spicy or Mild? Mild. I’m such a baby when it comes to spicy food. I just can’t handle it.
22. Salad or Soup? Salad. Never been too much of a soup fan.
23. Soup or Stew? I guess I’ll have to go with stew
24. Salted or Sweet Popcorn? I actually just enjoy plain popcorn. Is that weird?
25. Cauliflower or Broccoli? Broccoli. I eat it for lunch & dinner every day
26. Onion Rings or French Fries? French fries if I had to choose. I rarely eat them though, unless I’m stealing one or two from the hubs J
27. Burger or Hot Dog? Hot Dog.
28. Popsicle or Ice Cream? Not able to eat Ice cream due to stomach issues. I’m going to say Frozen Yogurt J.
29. Coffee or Tea? Do not drink hot drinks.
30. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
31. Sausage or Bacon? If were talking about chicken sausage, then I’ll pick that.
32. Peanut butter or almond butter? For now I’m still a die-hard peanut butter lover, but almond butter is definitely starting to grow on me.
33. Salty or Sweet? Oh I have the biggest sweet tooth J
34. Fried or Scrambled Eggs? I don’t know if I’ve ever had a fried egg, so scrambled it is.
35. Waffles or Pancakes? Waffles. Pancakes are usually too much for me on most days.
- Now it’s your turn, pick & couple and leave a comment 🙂
- Don’t forget to watch the U.S. Women Soccer match against Japan tonight!!